September 8 – 10. Get ready for a long garage sale – plus a birthday party? Help celebrate 10 years of bringing this event to the public. So much fun. Here’s a milepost by milepost rundown of some of the fun ahead on Hwy 112. And, if you can’t make it this year, put it on the calendar for next year. It’s local fun at its best. It just keeps getting bigger and better.
- Advertised Sales … East to West by Mileposts (mp)
Watch for other sales signed on the road that are not advertised here.
- Oxenford Farm Garage Sale … 676 Oxenford Road located between mp 57/56.
Fall clean up on the farm with something for everyone. Produce, jellies, apple and berry pies, baked goods, quilts and bags, exercise equipment, misc. household and furniture items.
- Multi-Family Garage Sale … 81 Hart Road (off Freshwater Bay Road, up 9/10 mi. turn left) mp 57/56
Tools, fishing gear, truck, saddles and horse tack, household, washer/dryer … LOTS of everything!
- Fire Department Community Appreciation Open House…51250 Hwy 112 between mp 52/51
Just east of Joyce General Store. Check out our yard sale from 11am-3pm. Stop by for a
free hot dog and water, and meet some of our volunteer firefighters and our commissioners.
- JOYCE COMMUNITY SITE … At Joyce Depot Museum mp 51
Drawing for a give-away “birthday” cake to celebrate the 10 th Great Strait Sale
- Plant sale … Joyce Community Site … Joyce Depot Museum mp 51
Young, unusual geraniums for your indoor winter pleasure. Assorted succulents. Organic
tomatoes. Oma’s Acres. Gertie Rohrbach
- Half-Corked Coasters Garage Sale … at Joyce Community Site, Joyce Depot Museum … mp 51
Handmade coasters! Large selection of styles and designs including Seahawks, WSU,
UW, Olympic National Park, Port Angeles, Lavender … and many more to choose from!
- Family Kitchen in Joyce … across from the Joyce General Store … mp 51/50
Mention this ad and get $1.00 off any entrée … Saturday, September 9 th only.
- Crescent Grange Parking Lot Sale in Joyce mp 51/50
Furniture including tables, chairs, cabinets and recliner. Also vacuum cleaners, light fixtures,
pictures, books and movies. Proceeds help support youth scholarships and grange activities.
- Big 5-Family Garage Sale … 92 Gossett Road (Whiskey Creek area) between mp 49-48
Antiques. Garden art. Furniture 1st-class and 2nd-hand items. Knick knacks. Lots of junktiques
… and other neat stuff!
- CLALLAM BAY/SEKIU COMMUNITY SITE … Clallam Bay Visitor Center mp 17/16
Music from 11am on into afternoon … Mary&Barney (Bluegrass) and Buddy Cloy (variety)
- Strait Shots Espresso … 17295 Hwy 112, east entrance to Clallam Bay, between mp 18/17
The “Only Drive Thru Espresso” on beautiful Strait of Juan de Fuca Scenic Byway 112. Now
serving Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chili Dogs. $1 off any drink or meal with mention of the “Great
Strait Sale!” Huge moving sale and other sales at this location as well!
- Unique Junque … 16795 Hwy 112, next to Sunsets West Co-op, between mp 17/16
“Fun Days Fireworks” rummage sale! “Goodities and Oddities” too numerous to mention!
- Sunsets West Co-Op … 16795 Hwy 112 … in “downtown” Clallam Bay between mp 17/16
Mention the Great Strait Sale and get $1 off a $4 “soup of the day”. We have ice cream and
fun local goodies. Fresh local produce and a fine place to rest during your day of treasure
hunting. See you at the sale.
- Lions Club and others … 5th and Bogachiel in Clallam Bay mp 17/16
Lots of miscellaneous … and furniture, too … at old Fire Hall next to Lions Club. Check us out,
could be some good finds for the right person in this big sale … even “GUY” stuff!
- Three Sisters of Clallam … 16590 Hwy 112 in Clallam Bay mp 17-16
Big green building in Clallam Bay … lots of great buys and bargains!
- Collectibles and More … 16732 Hwy 112 (across from Visitor Center) … mp 17/16
Collectibles: pottery, china, costume jewelry. Gently used and new clothing. Prom dresses.
Household items. 60’s playpen. Lots of items (more than just a garage sale).
- Breakwater Inn … Middle Point between Clallam Bay and Sekiu on Hwy 112 … mp 16/15
Breakfast ~ Lunch ~ Dinner. “Home of the Breakwater Sandwich” … 5% off meal with mention
of the “Great Strait Sale” … Saturday only.
- NEAH BAY COMMUNITY SITE … Village Market (by Washburn’s store) in Neah Bay
Ask here for information about and location of individual sales in the community.
This event sponsored by the Juan de Fuca Scenic Byway Association, a non-profit org. P.O. Box 188, Joyce, WA 98343 www.highway112.org Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spend the night to enjoy the area:
Take note of the Vietnam War Veteran’s and Korean War Veteran’s
Memorial Highway designations and visit the Neah Bay Veteran’s Park
Visit the Depot Museum in Joyce and the Makah Museum in Neah Bay
Visit the Clallam County Parks at Clallam Bay, Pillar Point, Freshwater Bay and Salt Creek Recreation Area
Have fun. Drive Carefully. And, find good treasures along the Scenic Byway to go with the memories of our beautiful Strait of Juan de Fuca and surrounding landscape.