Beautiful rutabaga at the Jefferson County Farmers Market
It's that time again to revel in the bounty of the Olympic Peninsula. This is a blog that we posted a couple years ago and have updated. Things have changed, but not our love of these markets.
The Olympic Peninsula
is home to an incredible bounty of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds, fish, meat, flowers, herbs, and locally produced products. Farmers markets are great ways to support local producers and create your own Olympic Coast Cuisine
dishes. There are numerous famers markets to choose from, a couple are even award-winning. Many are open primarily during the summer and early fall while a few markets stay open year round. The Olympic Peninsula is also home to bakers, cheese makers, honey producers, and chefs many of whom are represented at the farmers markets. In addition to edible products, many of the farmers markets offer local artisan wares such as jewelry, lotions, pottery, fiber arts, garden decor, and even toys. Below is a list of some of the farmers markets around the Olympic Peninsula.
Chimacum Farmers Market
- Sundays 10-3, June-October, 9122 Rhody Dr.
Forks Open Aire Market
A colorful display at the Sequim Farmers Market
- Saturdays 10-3, Mid-May-September, 1421 S. Forks Ave.
Jefferson County Farmers Markets
- Saturdays 9-2 April-December, Wednesday Summer Market 2-6, 650 Tyler St. Port Townsend
Quilcene Farmers Market-April through Sept at Hwy. 101 & Center
Port Angeles Farmers Markets -
Saturdays 10-2 Year Round, Wednesday Summer Market 10-2, Downtown at Gateway Transit Center
Sequim Farmers Market
- Saturdays 9-3, May-October, 2nd & Cedar St.
Shelton Farmers Market
Baskets at the Chimacum Corner Farmstand
- Saturdays 9-3, May-September, Franklin St.
Farm fresh produce and products can also be found year round at farm stands and stores.
Chimacum Corner Farmstand
- Open daily 9 am - 7 pm. 9122 Rhody Drive, Chimacum, WA. 360-732-0107
Nash's Farm Store
- Open daily 9 am - 7 pm. 4681 Sequim-Dungeness Way, Sequim, WA. 360-683-4642
Sunsets West Co-op
- Open daily 10 am - 7 pm, longer in the summer. 16795 Hwy 112, Clallam Bay, WA. 360-963-2189