Washington Coast Cleanup: Registration Now Open! The Washington Coast Cleanup will be on Saturday, April 23rd. Online registration is now open at www.coastsavers.org. Join us for the largest beach cleanup effort in the state! Invite your friends and family and make a weekend out of it among old friends or new. There are some awesome BBQs and special events being provided by our partners that weekend. Check out the list below. Last year, over 1,500 volunteers removed at least 19 tons of debris from almost 50 beaches. This year could be even bigger with all the debris that’s washed in with the winter storms.
BBQ’S & SPECIAL EVENTS FOR COASTSAVERS
Friday, April 22
Saturday, April 23
Thank You Coast Savers Crew
- Soup Feed at Moose Lodge in Ocean Park, noon – 1:30 p.m.
- Surfrider BBQ at Twin Harbors State Park, noon – 1 p.m.
- Washington State Parks Ranger Association BBQ at Griffiths-Priday State Park, noon – 1:30 p.m.
- (CoastSavers Fundraiser) Seafood Boil, Mill 109 Restaurant, Seabrook, noon – 2 p.m.
- Kalaloch Lodge BBQ, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Surfrider BBQ at Three Rivers Fire Station, 11:30 a.m. – 3
- Friends of Olympic National Park, Refreshments at Lake Ozette Registration Station
- The Lost Resort at Ozette serves up Rob’s famous 15-bean soup, noon – 2 p.m.
- Surfrider BBQ at Hobuck Beach Campground, noon – 2 p.m.
- Chito Beach Resort, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Port Townsend Coop, $5 in store credit for volunteers
- River and Ocean Film Festival, Rainforest Arts Center in Forks, 7 p.m.
If you haven’t participated in a cleanup in a while, now is the time. We need your help and the beach needs your help. And, if you have never participated, DO IT! It's a blast and a great thing for our beaches. Be among your peeps! You'll feel good getting the beaches ready for the season of camping, tidepooling and strolling the clean beach!
To the beach, for the beach!